Mobile Security & Antivirus
Security app for the Android phone with performance boosting features
Avast! Mobile Security & Antivirus fulfills the needs of Android phones and protects your terminal from all incoming threats, whether you face infected URLs, theft or hacks of the terminal itself, you can block dangers before they destroy your phone's processes. With this software, you can analyze all the installed applications on the memory and card. Perform a real-time analysis of apps after you have started. Along with that, you can schedule scans, update virus protectors, delete files and report false positives.
Other valuable features include a web shield, firewall and a call and message filter that sends specific calls straight to your voicemail or spam box. While the online threat protection does a good job, Avast! Mobile Security & Antivirus hides your applications from potential thieves who might locate the file and delete it or lock your phone remotely. One of the best and most comprehensive protection apps for the Android OS, you defend your smartphone from viruses, Trojans, and malware.
The world's most trusted free antivirus app for the Android, the software notifies you when suspicious apps have installed adware or spyware onto your smartphone. This threatens to violate your privacy through the transmission of your personal data over the servers. Secure your devices from phishing attacks that take place via phone calls, emails and infected websites. Because Avast! Mobile Security & Antivirus saw over 100 million installs, you rest in the peace of mind knowing that you have credible antivirus protection. Retain security and privacy over the most confidential information with the locking of all apps via a PIN number.
- 100 million downloads
- Tons of features to keep your sensitive information safe
- Use a PIN number on your apps to protect information from theft
- Intrusive ads and paid features get in the way
* Improved Charging Booster - enable in Settings > Charging Booster
* Faster loading of dynamic app content
Potentially dangerous permissions
- ACCESS_COARSE_LOCATION: Allows an app to access approximate location. Alternatively, you might want ACCESS_FINE_LOCATION.
- ACCESS_FINE_LOCATION: Allows an app to access precise location. Alternatively, you might want ACCESS_COARSE_LOCATION.
- CALL_PHONE: Allows an application to initiate a phone call without going through the Dialer user interface for the user to confirm the call.
- GET_ACCOUNTS: Allows access to the list of accounts in the Accounts Service.
- PROCESS_OUTGOING_CALLS: Allows an application to see the number being dialed during an outgoing call with the option to redirect the call to a different number or abort the call altogether.
- READ_CALL_LOG: Allows an application to read the user's call log.
- READ_CONTACTS: Allows an application to read the user's contacts data.
- READ_EXTERNAL_STORAGE: Allows an application to read from external storage.
- READ_PHONE_STATE: Allows read only access to phone state, including the phone number of the device, current cellular network information, the status of any ongoing calls, and a list of any PhoneAccounts registered on the device.
- READ_SMS: Allows an application to read SMS messages.
- RECEIVE_MMS: Allows an application to monitor incoming MMS messages.
- RECEIVE_SMS: Allows an application to receive SMS messages.
- WRITE_CALL_LOG: Allows an application to write (but not read) the user's call log data.
- WRITE_CONTACTS: Allows an application to write the user's contacts data.
- WRITE_EXTERNAL_STORAGE: Allows an application to write to external storage.
- ACCESS_NETWORK_STATE: Allows applications to access information about networks.
- ACCESS_WIFI_STATE: Allows applications to access information about Wi-Fi networks.
- BATTERY_STATS: Allows an application to collect battery statistics
- CHANGE_NETWORK_STATE: Allows applications to change network connectivity state.
- CHANGE_WIFI_STATE: Allows applications to change Wi-Fi connectivity state.
- CLEAR_APP_CACHE: Allows an application to clear the caches of all installed applications on the device.
- GET_PACKAGE_SIZE: Allows an application to find out the space used by any package.
- GET_TASKS: This constant was deprecated in API level 21. No longer enforced.
- INTERNET: Allows applications to open network sockets.
- KILL_BACKGROUND_PROCESSES: Allows an application to call killBackgroundProcesses(String).
- PACKAGE_USAGE_STATS: Allows an application to collect component usage statistics
- READ_LOGS: Allows an application to read the low-level system log files.
- RECEIVE_BOOT_COMPLETED: Allows an application to receive the ACTION_BOOT_COMPLETED that is broadcast after the system finishes booting. If you don't request this permission, you will not receive the broadcast at that time. Though holding this permission does not have any security implications, it can have a negative impact on the user experience by increasing the amount of time it takes the system to start and allowing applications to have themselves running without the user being aware of them. As such, you must explicitly declare your use of this facility to make that visible to the user.
- SYSTEM_ALERT_WINDOW: Allows an app to create windows using the type TYPE_SYSTEM_ALERT, shown on top of all other apps. Very few apps should use this permission; these windows are intended for system-level interaction with the user.
- VIBRATE: Allows access to the vibrator.
- WAKE_LOCK: Allows using PowerManager WakeLocks to keep processor from sleeping or screen from dimming.
- WRITE_SETTINGS: Allows an application to read or write the system settings.